maven-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Tordoff" <matthew.tord...@markit.com>
Subject Retrieving and unpacking assemblies
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:21:53 GMT
Hi all,

I recently created a POM module which as part of it contains a ZIP file
created via the assembly plugin (since the current released version of
Maven does not allow packaging of type ZIP). I have another project
which needs to make use of this ZIP file, so I need that module to
import the original zip file and unpack it. To achieve this I have tried
to use the maven-dependency-plugin, however, I have only been successful
in being able to retrieve the POM file and not the ZIP file.

Does anyone have a proven method for importing and unpacking assemblies
attached to modules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

P.S. I have no problems retrieving modules and unpacking them, only
assemblies created as a result of the modules packaging phase.

The content of this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient and may not be disclosed, copied or distributed. If you
received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by
telephoning +44 20 7260 2000, delete it and do not disclose its contents to any person. You
should take full responsibility for checking this email for viruses. Markit reserves the right
to monitor all e-mail communications through its network.
Markit and its affiliated companies make no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of
any information contained in this message and hereby exclude any liability of any kind for
the information contained herein. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Markit.
For full details about Markit, its offerings and legal terms and conditions, please see Markit's
website at http://www.markit.com <http://www.markit.com/> .