maven-users mailing list archives

From <nickl...@planet.nl>
Subject RE: A question about <dependency/>
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:06:31 GMT
There is a nice way to do it. Don't start putting your own files in your local repository.
Take a look at mvn install:install-file [1] or mvn deploy:deploy-file [2] if you are working
with a team.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Chang [mailto:thomas2004ch@yahoo.de]
Sent: Tue 1/8/2008 9:37 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: A question about <dependency/>

Hi all,

  Formerly I use the maven1 and in the "project.xml" I have the <dependency/> as follow:

  <dependency>
  <groupId>jsf-facelets</groupId>
  <artifactId>jsf-facelets</artifactId>
  <version>1.1.12</version>
  <type>jar</type>
  </dependency>

  And in the repository the dir-structure looks as follow:
  /repo
     /jsf-facelets
        /jars
           --jsf-facelets-1.1.12.jar

  If I have another version of jsf-facelets.jar, I can simply put them under the same dir.

  Now by maven2 I have the same <dependency/> in POM.XML, but the repository structure
must be as follow:

  /repo
     /jsf-facelets
        /jsf-facelets
          /1.1.12
              --jsf-facelets-1.1.12

  If I have another version of jsf-facelets.jar. I have to create a new sub-dir with the version
number such as follow:

  /repo
     /jsf-facelets
        /jsf-facelets
          /1.1.12
              --jsf-facelets-1.1.12
          /1.1.13
              --jsf-facelets-1.1.13

  I find this is more complicated.

  Is there anyway to do as by maven 1?

  Regards

  Thomas

Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.