maven-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: own plugin without need for pom.xml
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:40:35 GMT
On 15/12/2007, Peter Fischer <pfischer06@fast-mail.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> next question? ;)
>
> The DeployFileMojo uses a method getDeployer() of the AbstractDeployMojo
> class;
>
> I also tried to extend the AbstractDeployMojo class, but now getDeployer()
> returns only null.
> What do I wrong?

are you patching a local copy of the deploy plugin? (ie. you checked out the
deploy plugin source and have added your new mojo to the source folder...)

If not then you're probably hitting:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3042
in your case the ArtifactDeployer @component is probably not being injected

best option is to build your mojo as part of the deploy plugin - use a
snapshot
or branch the version in the pom (this also makes it easier to contribute
back)

alternatively, where this isn't possible, you could consider:

   http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/construct/maven-inherit-plugin

but I think it your case, it makes sense to work directly with the deploy
plugin...

regards,