maven-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Ant Tasks for Maven and Mirrors
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 00:08:56 GMT
Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007, Jacob S. Barrett a écrit :
> I am having a problem using the Ant Tasks for Maven with a settings
> file including the following mirrors section.
>
>    <mirrors>
>      <mirror>
>        <id>mirror</id>
>        <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
>        <name>My Mirror</name>
>        <url>http://mirror.example.com:8081/artifactory/repo</url>
>      </mirror>
>    <mirrors>
>
> The Ant task appears to ignore that mirror setting and downloads
> artifacts from the remote repositories described in the pom or
> artifact:remoteRepository elements. The mirror is never used.
>
> Further, if I add a mirror element with <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
> the ant task will use my mirror for central.
>
> But, if I have a artifact:remoteRepository defined in the ant file
> with id="foo" and a <mirrorOf>foo</mirrorOf> in my settings file then
> the mirror is not used.
>
> Is the <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> broken or not supported in the Ant
> Tasks for maven?
yes, it is not supported yet: please file a Jira issue for this enhancement

> If it is not supported, then shouldn't a repository
> defined in the ant file at least work when mirrored explicitly by id
> in the setttings.xml?
yes, it should work: if not, please file another Jira issue, with proper info
about the version of the Ant Tasks for Maven used, test case to reproduce the
problem and "ant -v" output to have the detail of the work done by the tasks.

Hervé