maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Herscu <bmf1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [m2] how to make my custom packaging recognized by the eclipse plugin?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:12:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Maven 2 to build projects based on my own framework. Because
the framework requires different tools and dependency resolving
mechanism, I had to create a dedicated lifecycle.

Now I am thinking about some way to integrate the build of my framework
with the build of a Java-based Web application.

The first thing I have tried was to generate the Eclipse project
descriptors and noticed that the .classpath file is not generated. There
was a similar issue with the PDE projects which are packaged as ZIP-s (I
found that this has been fixed in MECLIPSE-279).

I believe that if I will add all the WAR's lifecycle goals to my custom
lifecycle then the build artifact created will be indistinguishable from
that created by the WAR packaging. Is it true?

Is there any way to make the Eclipse plugin "believe" that some custom
packaging type is a "Java" type?

Thanks,
Adrian.