maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Herscu <bmf1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [m2] SSL certificate name does not match
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:56:30 GMT
Hi all,

I am hosting my project sources and binaries with some external
provider. He cannot set up an SSL certificate for my domain name...
Meanwhile, the only alternative is accept those SSL warnings about
domain name mismatch. I am getting them in my browser and also in my SVN
client.
Now I am trying to set up Maven to build and deploy my project to this
provider. The problem is that I am getting these messages from Maven:

<snip>
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.wirexn.build.extensions:wirexn-
build-extensions:1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from
repository: s
napshots@wirexn.net due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'snapshots@wirexn.net' will be blacklisted
</snip>

...and the artifacts cannot be resolved (of course).

I tried to see if this is a JRE specific problem. Downloaded a
Java-based WebDAV client (DAVExplorer), and it fails to connect with
this error message:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Name in certificate "his.domain.name" does
not match host name "my.domain.name"

Anyone knows about a hidden switch/option/configuration file to make the
JRE accept the SSL connection even if the host name doesn't match to
that on the certificate?

Please help,
Adrian.