maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Sellers" <jim.sell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Eclipse] How to exclude "provided" maven dependencies when publishing to server
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:23:17 GMT
That sounds very similar to last comment on the ticket that I linked to.

1) the eclipse plugin puts all dependencies onto the .classpath file
(because it doesn't understand scope for normal jars).
2) The eclipse tool copied all jars into your web container (jboss, tomcat,
...)

but maybe I'm just not understanding correctly...

If that is the problem, you can either apply the patch that's in the ticket
to your own version of eclipse or another solution that I have seen is that
you set up a profile in your pom file that's "always active" and put your
"provided" dependencies in that.  I have not tried that second solution
myself though.

HTH
Jim