maven-users mailing list archives

From "John Coleman" <john.cole...@eurobase-international.com>
Subject RE: release/buildnumber plugin
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 07:56:12 GMT
I tried cleaning and preparing a couple of times, then after inventing
some colourful new words, switched the build number plugin doCheck to
false in a bogus profile of my settings.xml.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Odea Ching [mailto:oching@exist.com]
Sent: 07 October 2007 15:26
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: release/buildnumber plugin

I used the release plugin a few weeks back and it worked fine for me.
Have you tried release:clean, then release:perform again?

-Deng

John Coleman wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I just did a release:perform today and it failed. We have done a few
> before fine. The buildnumber plugin throws an error due to "local
> modifications", however the local mods are in fact the pom.xml, it's
tag
> version and the release backup file, all of which one would expect to
be
> changed/new during a build and should be ignored by the buildnumber
> plugin?
>

> Any ideas? Has the plugin been changed in the last few weeks with
> respect to this?
>

> TIA
>
> John
>

> Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are
unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails.
Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are
not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any
contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any
E-mail.

> Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message
and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are
not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and
then delete this E-mail.

> Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for
any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail
transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed,
contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept
any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any
attachments.

> Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase
International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number
02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford,
Essex CM2 0RE, UK.