maven-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Gonzalez <adr_gonza...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE : Re: RE : war plugin: using optional=true
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:17:09 GMT
Hello,

1. MWAR-125 : just attached test case.
2. for ear building, following link is interesting :
http://www.michaelyuan.com/blog/2007/10/09/jboss-seam-project-setup-with-maven-%e2%80%94-part-2-ear-deployment/

After struggling a bit, I think their approach is the
correct one for now (note that I really don't have
enought maven experience to be really sure).

They use in the web pom.xml scope=provided for jars
bundled in the ear and scope=compile for jars bundled
in the WEB-INF/lib.
The only drawback is that scope=provided isn't
transitive.
So, they need to list all transitive dependencies in
the pom.xml.
Whereas using scope=compile and optional=true, it
shouldn't be the case.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html).

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-manifest-guide.html