maven-users mailing list archives

From "Sinduria,Anuradha" <Anuradha_Sindu...@securecomputing.com>
Subject RE: Java doc generation
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:14:02 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, actually I did not able to understand what you want
to convey, If possible please elaborate how to resolve this.

I now added javadoc version inside configuration, but it is still giving the
same error.

<plugin>
        <configuration>
         <!--<javadocExecutable>/home/asinduria</javadocExecutable>-->
         <javadocVersion>1.5</javadocVersion>
        </configuration>
   </plugin>

Thanks and Regards,
Anuradha Sinduria

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Kettler [mailto:tim.kettler@udo.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:55 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Java doc generation

The plugin executes 'javadoc -J-fullversion' to retrieve the version of
the javadoc tool and expects output like this:

  java full version "1.5.0_11-b03"

See here for reference [1]. Can you try if your javadoc prints the
version information in some other format.

-Tim

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-javadoc-plugin-2.3
/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/javadoc/AbstractJavadocMojo.java

Sinduria,Anuradha schrieb:
> I created a symbolic link, java doc generation started but it got stuck
and
> generated this error
>

> [INFO] Generate "JavaDocs" report.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] For input string: "dial"
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "dial"
>         at
> sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1224)
>         at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:394)
>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.AbstractJavadocMojo.getJavadocVersion(Abstra
> ctJavadocMojo.java:2966)
>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.AbstractJavadocMojo.executeReport(AbstractJa
> vadocMojo.java:1085)
>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocReport.generate(JavadocReport.java:13
> 1)
>         at

org.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDo
> cumentRenderer.java:67)
>         at

org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.renderModule(Default
> SiteRenderer.java:239)
>         at

org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(DefaultSiteRe
> nderer.java:115)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:124)
>         at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:92)
>         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage
> r.java:443)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife
> cycleExecutor.java:539)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
> (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec
> ycleExecutor.java:459)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFail
> ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa
> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
>         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle