maven-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan Doyle" <duncan.do...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom plugin not found
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:44:56 GMT
Hello,

I've created a custom Maven2 plugin for our SCM system (CA Harvest). This
plugin is deployed in our internal remote repository. This remote repository
is configured as a pluginRepository in my 'settings.xml ' file. The plugin's
groupId ('org.test.tools.maven.harvest') has been specified in the
<pluginGroups> section in my 'settings.xml' file.

The plugin's 'checkout' goal needs to be executed from the commandline
without a POM (because the project's POM is in the SCM system). When I
execute the command 'mvn harvest:checkout' I get the following output:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'harvest'.
[INFO] org.test.tools.maven.harvest: checking for updates from central
Returning NULL
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins : checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-harvest-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-harvest-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 10 15:27:54 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M
[INFO]

It looks to me that only the 'central' repository is scanned for the plugin,
although I have correctly specified my internal remote repository in the
<profile> section of my ' settings.xml' file. Furthermore, when I specify my
internal remote repository as a mirrorOf 'central' the plugin is found. So,
why doesn't maven scan my internal remote repository for the needed plugin
when the repository is specified in as a pluginRepository in my '
settings.xml' file?

The plugin can be used when it is specified in the build section of a POM
(which is done to be able to run the harvest:update goal on a project to
update the sources from the SCM), which to me indicates that my
configuration is correct. It just doesn't look for the plugin when the maven
command is issued without a POM.

With kind regards,

Duncan Doyle