maven-users mailing list archives

From Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolw...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: maven-assembly-plugin
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:12:32 GMT
Let's split it in two sections:

> My ultimate goal is to have a batch.jar file created with all of the
> dependencies in the project placed into this jar as .class files NOT jar
> files.
This is a easy one, if you have the right plugin. Although the assembly
plugin has an unpack goal, you'd want the unpack tasks of the dependency
plugin, ie:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>unpack-dependencies</id>
                        <phase>process-classes</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/classes</outputDirectory>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

For more information about this goal, see [1].
> I also want the MANEFEST.MF file created so that I can execute java
> -jar batch.jar  on the command line.
To create the MANIFEST file, take a look at the jar plugin. It has two
pages about customizing the manifest. See [2] and [3].

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/unpack-dependencies-mojo.html