maven-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Leer" <leean...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to place dependencies?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:33:20 GMT
Hello,

I have two modules/jars that I am building:
- A simple general application project jar (SimpleProject20)
- A Jar containing Spring AOP Interceptors that I have written
(interceptor-project.jar)

Now SimpleProject20 depends on interceptor-project.jar for the
interceptors I have written that are contained inside, for instance a
logging interceptor.

interceptor-project.jar contains dependencies on several Spring and
AOP dependencies.

Now my question is:

Do I need to include the same Spring and AOP dependencies in
SimpleProject20, that I included in its dependency
interceptor-project.jar?

Or does this have something to do with the way that I assemble
interceptor-project.jar by including or excluding the dependent jars?

Or should I mark some of the packages with an <excludes> in my dependency?

(See this image for clarifaction)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/Maskkkk/TEMP.png

Thank you,
    Andrew J. Leer