maven-users mailing list archives

From Pete <peteli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse and Maven "best practice"
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:29:03 GMT
I use Eclipse and the External Tools configuration to run mvn from
within eclipse if needed.

I used to have Eclipse compiling to a different classes directory and
that worked fine for many projects, but recently I use  'mvn
jetty:run'  all the time so that when I save a java file in Eclipse it
gets compiled immediately by Eclipse and the change will be instantly
visible in Jetty. Working this way eclipse and mvn must compile to
same place, as jetty start up using the classpath that mvn is using.