maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: MAVEN BUG: <type>ejb-client</type> problem
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:31:17 GMT
Hi Denis,

Denis Bessmertniy wrote on Monday, September 24, 2007 10:04 AM:

> If you mean this

Exaclty. :)

> I have read this. Ok, I will try to describe my situation
> more concrete.
>
> In my main project I have 4 subprojects
> <module>mhfEJBModuleClient</module>    - here I have
> interfaces for EJB impl
> classes and additional classes
> <module>mhfEJBModule</module>            - here I have EJB
> implementation classes
> <module>mhfWebModule</module>	    - here is my web-app
> <module>mhfApplication</module>             - here I store
> only pom.xml,
> because after mvn install here I will have ear file

And that is what confused anybody here. It is as Yan explained, normally you use the EJB module
to generate your client also. In your case you have a totally different artifact for the client.

> So and here what I have in pom.xml which in mhfApplication project
>     <dependencies> <dependency>
>       <groupId>com.mhf</groupId>
>       <artifactId>mhfEJBModuleClient</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>       <type>ejb-client</type>
>     </dependency>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>com.mhf</groupId>
>       <artifactId>mhfEJBModule</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>       <type>ejb</type>
>     </dependency>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>com.mhf</groupId>
>       <artifactId>mhfWebModule</artifactId>
>       <version>1.0</version>
>       <type>war</type>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>
> So, what is wrong here, because maven in anger with
> <type>ejb-client</type>? When I replace it, no problem, but then I
> don't have mhfEJBModuleClient.jar link in application.xml and
> mhfEJBModuleClient.jar stores not
> in main dir of
> ear file, but in lib dir.

Your client is as far as Maven concerns a simple jar artifact. It simply does not know that
it contains your ejb client code.  Therefore it complains that it cannot find the artifact
of type "ejb-client" and all the "special handling" for ejb-clients do not apply (i.e. making
an entry in application.xml).

[snip]

- Jörg