maven-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Chamberlain" <richard.chamberl...@caplin.com>
Subject RE: Why Maven is Hard?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:36:29 GMT
It seems very odd to me that the Maven book *isn't* on the maven site:
the place I would go to look for documentation. Why put another hurdle
of going elsewhere and registering? I registered had to wait a few hours
to get the email, it seemed a bit ridiculous. I agree that it isn't
going to make everything better but surely it will help new people like
me!

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 September 2007 16:05
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Why Maven is Hard?

On 9/26/07, Rodrigo Madera <rodrigo.madera@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I recommended earlier, I think we should copy and paste the Better
Builds
> with Maven book into the official Maven documentation.
>
> Why not?

The book is already free.  (Yes, you have to register.)  There's
another very good book at http://www.sonatype.com/book/ .

Copying and pasting that content would not solve the problem that the
Maven site is considered difficult to navigate.  And that despite all
the improvements in plugin docs, people still find then inadequate.
(There *is* a doc standard that they have to pass prior to being
promoted from the sandbox and released.  Does it need to be changed?)

--
Wendy