maven-users mailing list archives

From Gisbert Amm <...@webde.de>
Subject Re: Using a parent POM plugin config in only some child modules?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:57:59 GMT
Steinar Bang wrote:

>>Configure plugins in profiles in parent pom and activate profiles in
>>child poms?  This won't be automatic (I do not know if there's a way
>>to activate profile using packaging, maybe there's?) - you'll need
>>to add avtivation to child poms but should solve problem with
>>storing configuration in one place.
>

> Yes, I was wondering about if profiles could be triggered by
> packaging, and if that was a way to go...?

I had the same problem and you might find some background and
suggestions in this thread:

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-activate-profile-for-certain-packaging--tf4243177s177.html#a12074301

However, we endet up checking for the existence of a certain directory
that our homegrown deployment plugin pulls it's code in and activating
the profile when that directory does exist. That has proven the most
stable approach in the current situation.

-Gisbert

--
Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

1&1 Internet AG
Elgendorfer Strasse 57
56410 Montabaur

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas Gauger
(Vorsitzender), Matthias Greve, Henning Ahlert, Norbert Lang, Achim
Weiss, Robert Hoffmann,