maven-users mailing list archives

From Tim Kettler <tim.kett...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: maven-surefire-plugin
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:11:14 GMT
Ah ok, that's something different. I understand that you don't want to
create extra projects for this jars as they probably never will change.

First I thought you just could place the jars in a directory in your
project and add system dependendcies to them. But then I realized that
'system' is already a scope and thus one can't further limit the scope
to 'test'. Thinking about this a bit I think 'system' shouldn't be a
scope at all, it's more of a dependency type.

The only other solution I can think of is to store the jars in a
repository like directory layout (for example under src/test/testjars)
and declare this directory as a repository in your pom:

   <repository>
     <id>my-test-artifact-repository</id>
     <url>file://${basedir}/src/test/testjars</url>
   </repository>

and then declare the jars as normal test-scoped dependencies.

-Tim