maven-users mailing list archives

From "Syed Shabir" <s...@designuk.com>
Subject RE: adding struts-config.xml file to WEB-INF folder during WAR build
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:11:07 GMT
Well, I did think about that, but I was hoping that someone could have a
simpler solution before the long haul of moving stuff around in CVS
etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:waynefay@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 September 2007 17:06
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: adding struts-config.xml file to WEB-INF folder during WAR
build

Assuming you're using the standard Maven directory structure, simply
put the struts-config.xml file in the following place:
{root}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/

Then Maven should include it automatically in WEB-INF in your WAR.

It looks like you're using a non-standard layout, so that makes it
more difficult. Can you not restructure your project to use the
"normal" Maven layout?

Wayne

On 9/12/07, Syed Shabir <syed@designuk.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Could anyone tell me how to copy the struts xml files to the WEB-INF
> folder during a WAR build.
>

> I'm using the 'maven-war-plugin' to do the build as below

> <plugins>

>                              <plugin>

> <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>
>                                 <version>2.0</version>
>
>                                 <configuration>
>
>                                   <webResources>
>
>                                                       <resource>