maven-users mailing list archives

From "Farhan Sarwar" <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: artifactory - maintaining a public-repo cache
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:30:31 GMT
1) So if the ids is just the logical name inside maven , what
difference does it make if i name the Id as "central" or "snapshot" as
you suggested earlier, and i assume thats the only change you are
suggesting to my earlier configuration in the pom.

2) Isn't that how it should be, given that if the artifact isn't found
in the local cache (which means that it wasnt refered/cached earlier
and hence the public repo should be looked up)

On 8/20/07, Yoav Landman <ylandman@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) No. The id is just a logical name inside Maven. It is the URL that
> matters. If you use the http://localhost:8080/artifactory/repo you point at
> Artifactory's global virtual repository and an ordered search is conducted
> on configured repositories, including caches, according to the policies set
> on each repository
> (http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/latest/faqs.html#repositories).
>
> 2) Yes, it does work, but repo1 will still be consulted right after
> Artifactory (in case an artifact could not be resolved with the current
> Artifactory configuration), which is normally not what you want.
>
> mfs wrote:
> >
> > Hi Yoav,
> >
> > It seems to be working now...Well actually the artifacts i was
> > refering to were actually the plugins (which were always being
> > downloaded from the maven public repo i.e. repo1), and after adding
> > the pluginrepositories section (as below) in pom those are now being
> > cached/downloaded from the locally configured repository...now your
> > last reply has got me a bit confused, 1) arent the ids suppose to be
> > whatever you have named them (in the key tag) in
> > artifactory.config.xml because thats from where you want to download
> > your artifact/plugin 2) why is it working like this..
> >
> > <pluginRepositories>
> >       <pluginRepository>
> >               <id>maven-public-repo-cache</id>
> >               <url>http://localhost:8080/artifactory/repo</url>
> >               <snapshots>
> >                       <enabled>false</enabled>
> >               </snapshots>
> >       </pluginRepository>
> > </pluginRepositories>
> >

> > On 8/20/07, Yoav Landman <ylandman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> The repository id must be "central" to override repo1 (for releases, or
> >> "snapshots" to override it for snapshots).
> >> If you wish to use a different id, then you have to use mirroring in
> >> settings.xml.
> >>
> >> HTH

> >> <excludesPattern>org/artifactory/**,org/jfrog/**</excludesPattern>

> >> as

NOT
and