maven-users mailing list archives

From "Zarick Lau" <zar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: '<optional>true</optional>' not inherited from parent POM
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:52:16 GMT
On 8/13/07, Wayne Fay <waynefay@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned, optional doesn't make any sense in
> <dependencyManagement>. So I think what you're seeing is the correct
> behavior.

Does it mean that, depMgmt is only concerned about 'version' resolve?
As I can use 'scope' also in depMgmt, that's inspire me to try to use
'optional'.

By the way, I fine with either case, because optional dep is only minor case.

Also, if optional is not supposed to be put under depMgmt, should it be removed
from the POM reference doc and the XSD also (I have check out those
doc initially,
as optional is listed as valid child element under depMgt/deps/dep.)

Ref: http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html

Anyway, thanks very much for your clarification!

Best regards,
Zarick