maven-users mailing list archives

From "Vaidya, Supriya A \(US - Chicago\)" <supriyavai...@deloitte.com>
Subject Profiles in maven - help!
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:10:43 GMT
HI:

I have a profiles.xml in my project root folder, that has the following
structure:

<settings>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>development</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <prop1>value1</prop1>
                <prop2>value2</prop2>

:
:
:
:

Now the project contains a EAR/WAR and a JAR. In my WAR file, I have a
resources/spring directory, containing an xml with the following:

    <key>
        <value>property1</value>
    </key>
    <value>${prop1}</value>

and so on.

In my command prompt, when I run the mvn clean install -P development -
everything runs fine, but the XML remains with the unprocessed property
values {prop}.

I tried running the mvn help:active-profiles,and when I do this - it sez
that the following profiles are active: - development
but then goes on to say that no profiles are active for the POJO, the
WAR or the EAR... hwo do I active the profile for teh WAR??

Supriya A Vaidya
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 312 486 4835