maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When to use -SNAPSHOT when to use a build number
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:48:57 GMT
We go from SNAPSHOT to a real build number when we determine a build
has sufficient functionality and stability to be considered for
release. This is mostly objective but also a bit subjective in our
process. You can use tools like Cobertura and Findbugs etc as well as
your bug tracking system to help with the objectivity side.

When it is time for a real build, we do it manually, our continuous
integration/build system does not cut those builds. I think this is
pretty normal for most people on this list.

Wayne