maven-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Worden" <alexwor...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting the source code for a dependency
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:46:49 GMT
Hi,

Please can someone tell me if there is a way to ask Maven 2 to download the
source code for a dependency... and if so, where will it put it? Also it
would be useful to know if there is any definitive way to determine which
dependency a referenced class comes from. For instance, I'm looking for the
documentation on of:

org.springframework.transaction.annotation.Transactional

so I can read what the @Transactional annotation means

My guess is that it is downloaded in the pom.xml config section:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

but.. there is no way of determining this. I can only guess that I have to
use a utility to trawl through all the jars in the .m2/repository to find
this class.

That aside... my main question is this: Is there some xml element I can add
to <dependency> that will download the source code for this version of the
JAR?

Many thanks,

Alex