maven-users mailing list archives

From jzhang <jzh...@wellington.com>
Subject Having trouble using maven-ejb-plugin -- can't get Class-Path in manifest
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:28:05 GMT

I am using Maven 2.0.7. In my ear file, I have a ejb jar (called core.jar)
that depends on common.jar. They are all in the same ear. I want to have
core.jar manifest.mf file have Class-Path entry for common.jar. But I can
not get that work. I follow maven-ejb-plugin instruction:

<plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <archive>
                        <manifest>
                            <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                        </manifest>
                    </archive>
                    <!--<generateClient>true</generateClient>-->
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

And I ran: mvn install. The new generated ejb jar file's manifest does not
have Class-Path entry. Besides, I want to add common.jar to this path. Then
I add:

<dependency>
            <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
            <artifactId>my-common</artifactId>
            <version>${pom.version}</version>

           <properties>
        		<ejb.manifest.classpath>true</ejb.manifest.classpath>
      		</properties>

        </dependency>

Then I got 'org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Parse error
reading POM. Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'properties' (position: START_TAG
seen ...\r\n            <properties>... @18:25' error.

It seems I can not put <properties> tag in <dependency> element. What is
wrong?