maven-users mailing list archives

From fmuhlenberg <fmuhlenb...@hpti.com>
Subject How to add an extra process step prior to war target Q
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:00:04 GMT

I have a process question

My project develops and compiles using Java 1.5.

However, we deploy to an application server (Oracle) that accepts only Java
1.4 classes.

I use a tool,  http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/ Retroweaver , to manage
the down-conversion of our code. It works flawlessly and we get the 1.5
benefits (like generics) and meet the deployment constraints.

Currently everything is managed through an Ant build but I am contemplating
a migration to Maven.
(I already use Mavens site target for project documentation)

How would I add an extra step that applies Retroweaver at the appropriate
time?  I think a pre-war action is preferred as all my unit tests are also
1.5.

-Fred