maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Meyer <michael.me...@netcetera.ch>
Subject [WARNING] Unable to load parent project from repository: Could not find the model file....
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:56:20 GMT
Hi
four our company I want to set up a parent pom that defines default
versions for plugins (pluginManagement), repository locations and so on.

The idea is that I make new releases of this project ever so often.
Other people should be able to use this pom in their project by
including the following in their top level pom:

<parent>
   <groupId>com.company</groupId>
   <artifactId>root-pom</artifactId>
   <version>7</version>
</parent>

When I try to put this all together I get the following warning in a
project that references my root-pom module:

[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[WARNING] Unable to load parent project from repository: Could not find
the model file 'D:\checkout\some-app\..\pom.xml'. for project unknown

I read about the relativePath tag but I don't want the people to
actually checkout the root-pom.

Am I using the parent tag for the wrong thing or have I misconfigured
something?

Cheers, michael