maven-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Ching" <craigch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundles as dependencies
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:52:49 GMT
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the response, I very much appreciate the conceptual information.
However, being a bit new to maven, I am looking for a more practical, though
obviously less than ideal, solution to my problem, e.g. possibly a cookbook
example or even just a nudge in the right direction (e.g. I did see someone
post a vague reference to using the maven-dependency-plugin and maybe some
ant plugin to unzip the dependency, but it was a bit hard to follow how that
was all put together or even if that was the right first-step to pursue).
Maybe just treating the individual jar files in the bundles as the
dependencies is the way I should go and build up the structure that the BIRT
viewer needs?

I would absolutely love to see first-class support for OSGi bundle
dependencies, possibly even a BIRT maven plugin would help immensely, but
I'd assumed nothing like that was available when my google searches didn't
turn up much information ;-)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Craig