maven-users mailing list archives

From "Jose John" <jose_j...@mindtree.com>
Subject proxy problem
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:04:25 GMT
Hi,

   I am a beginner to Maven. When I tried to run
mvn -e archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

I got :
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found

I saw the mailing lists and found its the problem with the proxy. I tried
making necessary changes in the settings.xml. But no use. It doesnt seems to
read the settings.xml file at all. Can anybody shed some light?
or Can anybody send a sample proxy config (<proxy> </proxy> alone).

Thanks & Regards,
Jose John

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening
attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree)
will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please
notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.Please note
that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper,
untimely or incomplete transmission.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects.
While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,