maven-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Websphere/WSAD 5 projects with Maven
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 13:58:13 GMT
A coworker is converting a WebSphere project to build with Maven.
Neither of us is one of the project developers, so we're working
directly with the code in svn on a branch, and not with the IDE at
all.

I'll start with a couple of questions, but general advice from someone
who's worked with WSAD [1] and Maven is greatly appreciated.

Will WSAD work with Maven's standard src/main/java and src/main/webapp
directory structures?

How do you deal with the third-party jars?  Of course we'll install
them in the internal remote repository, but there are conflicting
opinions about which jars you really need for building projects.  The
architects say only three are necessary, another group says they
needed about 40 of them, and the group I'm working with now just wants
to point Maven at the entire lib directory they way they did with Ant.

[1] WebSphere Studio Application Developer

Thanks,
Wendy