maven-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Helck" <Chris.He...@us.icap.com>
Subject RE: How do I upgrade internal maven1 repos to maven2
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 18:57:37 GMT
Hi Barret,

I don't understand. I do use the <layout>legacy</layout> element to
access my M1 repo from maven2, but what do you mean by "specify a
different folder for your Maven2 repository?" The only thing I can think
of is to copy the contents of my $HOME/.m2 directory to my maven2 repo.

Basically I need to keep both repo's in synch. I like the idea of a
proxy that gives me different views of the same data, I haven't found
one that does it (or has it documented.)

Thanks,
Christopher Helck

-----Original Message-----
From: Barrett Nuzum [mailto:Barrett.Nuzum@Valtech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:31 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: How do I upgrade internal maven1 repos to maven2

Hi Chris.

Maven2 can navigate Maven1 repositories well.
I would define your M1 repo as a repository that your M2 build can use.
Just specify
    <layout>legacy</layout>
in your <repository> definition.

If you specify a different folder for your Maven2 repository, the first
time you run a Maven2 build, it will download all the relevant
dependencies from the M1 repo and install them to the correct location
in your M2 repo.

Barrett

::
Barrett Nuzum