maven-users mailing list archives

From berndq <ber...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: JUnit4 test cases using @Before, @After fail test?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 10:48:02 GMT
Alexander Sack wrote:
> Dennis, thanks for the tip.  Kinda obvious too...damn...
>
> Okay, so can someone tell me what I need to do to FORCE it to use
> junit4?  I
> specific junit-4.0 in my dependencies (scope is "test").  My parent dom of
> the whole project has surefire plugin version set to 2.3.  I mean what else
> do I have to do at this point?

I have this in my parent pom and @Before works for me:

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>4.3.1</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>

IIRC early versions of junit 4 did not call @Before on subclasses.
So if by any chance your MyTest class is a subclass of e.g. TestCase
and this was really a bug in junit 4.0 then this might be the cause.

FWIW: I noticed yesterday taht the junit4 runner in eclipse 3.2.2 does
not call @Before on subclases of TestCase.

maybe mvn -X ... gives more information?

best regards
Bernd