maven-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject RE: maven and jmockit, problem with -javaagent jvm arg
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 16:02:56 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2007 5:01 pm, mikewilsonuk wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I am seriously considering abandoning maven and
> going
> back to ant. The benefits do not seem to outweigh the drawbacks.

There are times when maven just doesn't cut the mustard for certain tasks,
and that's when wrapping ant in maven with the antrun plugin makes sense.

There are some seriously significant benefits in using maven over using
ant, a little bit like using eclipse instead of vi. But like vi, ant does
have it's benefits from time to time - my suggestion is choose both.

Regards,
Graham