maven-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Perepelytsya <apere...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [groovy-user] Let your Mojo's be Groovy baby!
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 20:12:28 GMT

Hi Jason,

I found an odd behavior, namely, the groovy extractor is lost if building
from the parent. Details are:

The parent project containing the maven plugin (implemented in Groovy) is
Mule Tools:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mule/trunk/mule/tools/

The plugin is the mule-assembly-verifier plugin:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mule/trunk/mule/tools/mule-assembly-verifier/

A number of RAR/assembly modules use the MAV plugin, e.g.:
http://svn.codehaus.org/mule/trunk/mule/distributions/jca/

Details of the valid behavior:
===================
Go to the mule-assembly-verifier module directory and execute mvn. This kind
of direct build from the folder lists 3 mojo extractors (java/bsh/groovy)
and compiles a groovy class. It generates a proper plugin.xml and everything
is good. Any project using the plugin build directly from the folder works
fine (you see a nice small splash right after the package phase), if
everything is ok, no more noise.

Details of the erroneous behavior:
A CI server executes the build from the top. For simplicity, just launch mvn
from the Mule Tools parent project (one level up from the MAV plugin). Error
- ONLY 2 extractors found (java & bsh), NO groovy extractor detected :( The
groovy class is then compiled and packaged properly. HOWEVER, the plugin.xml
contains an EMPTY mojos node. Projects using this invalid plugin package
never complain, but the plugin never runs. Surely not what we want.

The problem is we want it to be part of a more complex build, and there's no
way it can be isolated in a top-level project.

I'll be looking into it, but let me know if you find something faster.