maven-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Fisk" <adamf...@gmail.com>
Subject command line variable overrides
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:47:35 GMT
This seems like a ridiculously simple problem, but I'm pulling my hair out
just specifying a property on the command line.  I'd like my properties
defined on the command line to register at all with various plugins, but I
just can't get it to work.  For example, I'd like to do the following:

mvn -Durl="myurl" tomcat:deploy or
mvn tomcat:deploy -Durl="myurl"

In my understanding, the plugin should use the "myurl" value for the "url"
property.  Is that not correct?  I can't get the tomcat plugin to understand
the url change, nor can I get my own test plugins to use command line
properties instead of properties defined in the pom.  Is there some special
annotation I need to use in the plugin?

I can configure this fine in the pom or in the settings.xml, but I'm
deploying to multiple servers and would therefore like to do it on the
command line with a script.

Thanks very much.

-Adam