maven-users mailing list archives

From "Victor Katte" <victor.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Need some clarity with using Maven 2 alongside the Eclipse and Subversion
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:08:56 GMT
Hello,

I am new to these tools and am to understand how they can be configured to
work together. Basically, I have these tools installed and they are working
fine independently, but need to link them up if possible.

My Maven repository is located at C:\Documents and
Settings\Victor\.m2\repository. I have set the environment variable M2_REPO
to point to this location within Eclipse.

I have checked out the source code into a directory called myapp on C drive
(C:\myapp) using Subversion. And have run the following command in the myapp
directory;

mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSource=true

When I launch Eclipse, it asks me to specify a workspace. Thus my question;
Is the eclipse workspace;

1) the location of the Maven repository, C:\Documents and
Settings\Victor\.m2\repository ?
2) the location containing the source code, C:\myapp ?
3) any arbitary location on the filesystem?

Thnkx
Victor