maven-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Hübner" <sthueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject MVN 2.0.6 vs. Extensions with Version Ranges
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 07:48:26 GMT
Hi all,

keen to migrate to 2.0.6 this morning I've ran right into a problem
concerning the wagon-webdav extension and the way I declared it (using
a version range) in our company wide Super POM.

Up to maven 2.0.5 the following declaration worked fine:
<extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
        <version>[1.0-beta-1,)</version>
</extension>

With maven 2.0.6 I get the following exception:

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been
included transitively during the resolution process. Here is the in
formation we do have for this artifact:

    o GroupID:     org.apache.maven.wagon
    o ArtifactID:  wagon-webdav
    o Version:     <<< MISSING >>>
    o Type:        pom

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
{org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:null:pom}: The version cannot b
e empty.

What's the deal here? Is this a side effect of some refactoring or a
certain decision concerning extension handling?

Any hints much appreciated,
Stefan