maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: maven 2.0.6 and xdoclet-maven-plugin
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 07:54:21 GMT
nicolas de loof wrote on Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:20 AM:

> Why don't we get a dependency failure if maven cannot built the
> expected classpath ?

It can, but with different versions. The xdoclet plugin itself does not declare any dep to
ant, so it is inherited. The problem is, that the used maven-antrun-plugin declares a dep
to ant and ant-launcher, while the used xdoclet:xjavadoc artifact declares a dep on ant only.
Obviously is ant:ant-launcher:1.6.5 used in the antrun plugin not compatible to ant:ant:1.5.1
used in xjavadoc... and I have no idea if there are more transitive deps to ant in all those
declared deps of the xdoclet plugin.

M206 has changed the sequence of the dep resolution and it does not have an idea that ant
and ant-launcher are related ... since ant:ant-launcher:1.6.5 has a converted POM without
any deps. So it worked formerly simply by chance.

Welcome to dependency hell :)

- Jörg