maven-users mailing list archives

From "Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin" <donnch...@gmail.com>
Subject overlaid war files and timestamps
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:39:04 GMT
In "Better Builds with Maven", it says:

"If you add a dependency on a WAR, then the WAR you generate will be
overlaid with the
content of that dependent WAR, allowing the aggregation of multiple
WAR files. However, only
files not in the existing Web application will be added, and files
such as web.xml won't be
merged."

I have a property fole in my webapp and from the above paragraph I
would not expect it to be overwritten. However, it is.

If I update the timestamp of the file in my webapp (using 'touch') the
property file is not overwritten.

This behaviour isn't mentioned in
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-overlay.html
either.

Of course, I can use dependentWarExcludes to exclude that property
file, but the documentation is missleading when it suggests that only
file not in the existing application will be added.

  Donnchadh