maven-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Sack" <pisym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: versioning the generated EAR/WAR file.
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:55:14 GMT
I'm having a bad bad day (though not Maven 2's fault!).

Well you can definitely tag a jar file within your EAR with a version via
the jar-plugin configuration using the manifestEntries tag like so:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/examples/manifest-customization.html

For the EAR itself, I don't know if the current EAR plugin allows direct
manifest customization like the jar plugin does (it really should just for
completeness, if it does please someone from the list chime in on this!!!).
WOW, look at that, the latest version has built in jboss support (I bitched
about that months ago, maybe it was always there , but either way, kudos to
the Maven2 group....).

One simple way would be to include the version in the file so you can do
this:

..
<configuration>
  <earName>your-earname-version</earName>
</configuration>

But alas that's kinda clunky and you have to manually edit the pom file
everytime you rev it.  I'm gonna have to think about this some more...hmmm,
maybe EAR files should have a version to them as well and get incorporated
into the filename like in the jar plugin (and optionally create a manifest
Version entry, this could be useful for folks generating a lot of build
releases).

-aps