maven-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Coping w/ 3rd party libs ... jar plus dependencies.
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:26:40 GMT
Le vendredi 27 avril 2007 07:34, Danny MacMillan a écrit :
> Second, I think you might underestimate my newbishness.  I'm pretty sure
> I can figure out how to get it installed.  What I can't figure out is
> what to actually put in the POM.  I know how to make a POM that creates
> a jar out of my own source code, but not how to make a POM that just
> uses a JAR that already exists.
to write the pom, please read
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
in your wase, it will only be used for the dependencies declaration, not to
build the jar

once the pom is written, to deploy the existing jar with its pom, please read
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html

and voila
:)