maven-users mailing list archives

From jiangshachina <jiangshach...@gmail.com>
Subject encoding of file name?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:40:56 GMT

Hi guys,
I'm using Maven 2.0.4 + JDK 1.5.0 + Windows 2000 (Chinese version)
Some names of my project's files have Chinese characters.
When I made a package file (ex. war) by running "mvn package",
the Chinese characters would be in wrong encoding.

With my tests, I find that Maven uses UTF-8 encoding to deal with the file
names,
because I got right result if the files were in a Linux system with
zh_CN.UTF-8.
But the default encoding of my operation system is GBK.
And I didn't set any non-default encoding to maven-resources-plugin.
How to cancel the trouble?

Thanks in advance!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang