maven-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Elfert <thorsten.elf...@db.com>
Subject Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:31:03 GMT
Hi,

it's the first time I'd like to use Maven. However, I am already
struggling just by using it...

I need to use maven for installation of a framework called AppFuse.
As described by the AppFuse Installation Guideline
(http://www.appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart) I tried to setup
the framework by using maven in the following way:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.appfuse
-DarchetypeArtifactId=appfuse-modular-spring -DremoteRepositories=
http://static.appfuse.org/repository -DarchetypeVersion=2.0-m4-SNAPSHOT
-DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=myproject

After execution I received the following error-message:

<snip>

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]

</snip>

Since I am behind a proxy I added the proxy in setting.xml like this:

   <proxy>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>myproxy.com</host>
      <port>1234</port>
    </proxy>

However, I am still getting the same error.
The version of Maven I use is 2.0.5.

Thanks in advance for any help on that!

Thorsten

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.