maven-users mailing list archives

From "Dirk Olmes" <d...@xanthippe.ping.de>
Subject Re: How to generate sources from templates
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:41:45 GMT
> On 28 Feb 07, at 8:21 AM 28 Feb 07, Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I need to generate text files from filtered resources, but I do not
>> want
>> them to be copied to the target/classes folder. The files are C header
>> templates that I want to filter using some properties defined through
>> maven profiles.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this apart from using the ant plugin?

> You probably want to use something like Velocity which is real
> templating solution. The archetype mechanism  uses it and so does the
> remote resources plugin. You could lift one of those to create your
> own velocity plugin which would be idea in my mind.

This reminds me ... would it be a good idea to have a generic velocity
plugin that allows to filter template files? E.g. imagine a custom (shell)
script to execute the final artifact that needs the current version merged
in. (I know, there's other ways to do it but said script would be more
than what maven-appassembler-plugin would be able to generate).

-dirk

--
Anyway kids, have fun, play nicely, be good. And remember - if it ain't
broke, hit it again.