maven-users mailing list archives

From Ben Tatham <bentat...@nanometrics.ca>
Subject Re: plugin runs multiple times
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:39:59 GMT
Indeed, I am using assembly:attached goal.  I am using this to generate
a -jar.jar of my classes so that I can depend on just the classes of the
war project.  Is there a way to make it not do a fork, but just make the
jar for me and install/deploy it?   Nothing jumps out at me from the
maven-assembly-plugin site.

Here is my snippet from the parent pom pluginManagement section...this
parent pom is used by all my web projects.

          <plugin>
            <inherited>true</inherited>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>make-assembly</id>
                <phase>package</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>attached</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>
              <descriptors>
                <descriptor>src/assembly/jar.xml</descriptor>
              </descriptors>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>

Thanks,