maven-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Hoffer" <DHof...@xrite.com>
Subject RE: How to create custom archetype?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:31:54 GMT
The problem is that those sources don't know they are going into a
package structure that matches the groupId.  Since the files start with
no namespace they end up with none; and the resulting project does not
build.

Am I supposed to put some macro in the files so the package namespace
can get set correctly?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 12:33 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How to create custom archetype?

On 3/7/07, Dave Hoffer <DHoffer@xrite.com> wrote:

> I have the files in the exact same directory structure under
> archetype-resources.  However when I use this custom archetype, I get
> different directory structure generated.  It adds a directory called
my
> <groupId> between the java folder and my class(s).
>
> How is this supposed to work?

That's how it's supposed to work-- it's putting your sources into a
package structure matching the groupId.

If you want a different package name, try supplying -Dpackage=... when
you use the archetype.

It sounds like you want the default package, though.  (No package
statement, files directly in src/main/java.)  Is that true?

--
Wendy