maven-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Ruisma" <feniksena...@gmail.com>
Subject software bundles and maven repositories
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:18:05 GMT
Hello,

what does Maven2 recommend when you have projects that depend on software
bundles à la JAXP, JWSDP, ... or others?
In general these software bundles are a collection of other libraries (eg
JAXP 1.3 contains version X of xercesImpl, version Y of xalan,..). So how do
you define a dependency to those packages, or how do you add them to your
internal repository?

I don't seem to find these packages (I'm especially looking for JAXP 1.3 at
this moment) on the public repositories. I assume there are a lot of people
out there who have encountered these questions before.
Our internal repository already contains some of the jaxp dependencies.
So I was thinking about adding a POM for jaxp version 1.3 that uses that
links to the correct versions of the other libraries.
I assume that this should do the job correctly?