maven-users mailing list archives

From "Crossley, Jim" <Jcross...@tandbergtv.com>
Subject RE: How to access test resources with Maven2/surefire?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:13:44 GMT
So nobody here requires additional classpath resources in their tests?
Surprising.

I created http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-294 to track the
problem.

Thanks,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Crossley, Jim [mailto:Jcrossley@tandbergtv.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 3:08 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: How to access test resources with Maven2/surefire?

All (but Brett in particular, I think),

I'm trying to test some SQL queries in my EJB3/JPA app.  To do this, I'd
like for my unit tests to run against an in-memory Hypersonic database.
I configured a persistence unit appropriately in
src/test/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml, but alas Surefire can't
find it.  It can't even find the real one in
src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml.

So how can I make Surefire access my classpath resources?  Anybody out
there test JPA stuff with Surefire successfully?

It seems there are quite a few JIRA issues about Surefire and classpath
stuff.  I have a very simple testcase demonstrating the problem.  To
which issue should I attach it?

Thanks,
Jim