maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mykel Alvis" <my...@weirdness.com>
Subject Link for project.url tag from site:site
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:44:50 GMT
I looked over the lists for a while, but found nothing to address this so I
thought I'd ask.

Some projects have a <url> defined at the <project> level, but I can't seem
to see what it means.
That is:
<project>
  blahblahblah
  <url>http://20.20.20.20/Someurl </url>
  <distributionManagement>
   <site>
     <url>http://20.20.20.21/othersitelocation/ </url>
.
blahblahblah.
</project>

When I do not define it, the standard skin produces a link
that consists of the site deployment location followed by the string
'NO_PROJECT_URL_SET'

When I DO define it, that link becomes the site url with "/index.html"
appended to it

Is this the intended result?   If so, what's the project.url for?
I know I can look at the source for the skin, but I have issues checking it
out from work.

Thanks,
Mykel

--
I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.