maven-users mailing list archives

From "Vitor Pellegrino" <vit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JBoss EJB3 and Maven
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:07:45 GMT
Marco,
Thanks for your help!

My web.project has inherited my project/pom.xml. Trying to do what you told
me to, i have found the problem: i forgot to add at project/pom.xml my web
project as a module, so it was not being compiled when i was trying to
package my whole project. Obvious! I feel a little stupid right now! lol

Well, now i'm trying to deploy this generated .ear (which seems to be
correct) into my JBOSS AS instance.

As Stephane Nicoll told me (thanks!), i am looking at Cargo plugin but i
don't know exactly where do i have to declare this.

The plugin should be declared into project/pom.xml or project/ear/pom.xml?

Thanks for every help you all provided to me i feel closer to get this whole
thing working smoothly.

Best regards,

On 1/2/07, Marco Mistroni <mmistroni@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >                 <configuration>
> >                     <modules>
> >                         <ejbModule>
> >                             <groupId>com.project</groupId>
> >                             <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
> >                             <bundleFileName>
> >                                 ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.ejb3
> >                             </bundleFileName>
> >                         </ejbModule>
> >                         <webModule>
> >                             <groupId>com.project</groupId>
> >                             <artifactId>web</artifactId>
> >                                 <contextRoot>/project</contextRoot>
> >                         </webModule>
> >                     </modules>
> >                 </configuration>
> >             </plugin>
> >         </plugins>
> >     </build>
> >     <dependencies>
> >         <dependency>
> >             <groupId>com.project</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>ejb</artifactId>
> >             <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >             <type>ejb</type>
> >             <exclusions>
> >                 <exclusion>
> >                     <groupId>jboss</groupId>
> >                     <artifactId>jboss-ejb3x</artifactId>
> >                 </exclusion>
> >             </exclusions>
> >         </dependency>
> >         <dependency>
> >             <groupId>com.project</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>web</artifactId>
> >             <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> >             <type>war</type>
> >         </dependency>
> >     </dependencies>
> > </project>
> >

> > On 12/28/06, Alexander Sack <pisymbol@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not following.  It IS a JAR and there is nothing special about it
> > > other
> > > than the annotations which is only relevant at deployment time to the
> > > container.
> > >
> > > One of the major design goals of EJB3 is to have less overhead with
> > > respect
> > > to the number of deployment artifacts and to be more POJO
> centric.  The
> > > current Maven EJB plugin as I understand it is written to alleviate
> the
> > > complexities of the side artifacts one would normally have to create
> > when
> > > creating older version EJB based applications.  There is a usage
> > mismatch
> > > (I
> > > could be wrong) between the current Maven EJB plugin and EJB3
> > deployments
> > > (or at least JBoss EJB3 deployments, I won't speak for other
> > containers).
> > > Finally, JBoss specifically treats EJB3 based applications as simple
> > JARs
> > > (you can deploy EJB3's in JAR format without including them in an EAR
> > and
> > > the Eclipse based EJB3 plugin is last I checked simple classpath
> > > containers
> > > pointing to the appropriate EJB3 JBoss libraries to link against).
> > >
> > > As for including them in an EAR, yes they are just listed as a

AS